This new NEBOSH course will give you practical, real-life skills to help improve health and safety in any workplace. Safety Simplified is relevant to any business, in any sector utilising real life case studies and cutting edge learning practices.
Understand the reasons for, and benefits of, managing health and safety.
Have an improved understanding of organisational safety measures.
Understand how to help prevent incidents recurring.
Appreciate the purpose of inspections and audits.
Know how to contribute to supporting health and safety practices and create a better working environment for everyone.
1. Making the case for health and safety
• Responsibilities for employers and workers
• Moral and legal reasons and benefits
• Policies, objectives and resources
• Checking and monitoring
2. Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen
• Risk assessments
• What ‘hazard’, ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’ really mean
• Why we do risk assessment
• How you do risk assessment (five steps to risk assessment)
3. Stopping incidents from repeating themselves
A simple four-step approach to investigations:
• Gather information
• Analyse information
• Identify risk control measures
• Develop action plan and implement it
4. Dealing with common workplace hazards
• General workplace issues, violence/aggression, substance abuse, stress, noise/vibration
• Hazardous chemicals/substances
• Laptops/computers and manual handling
• Work equipment and work at height
• Workplace transport
5. Keeping an eye on how things are going
• Ignoring the trivial and focusing on the important
• Inspecting the workplace
• Auditing – what, why and how
• Learning from good and bad practice
At the end of the course, learners will undertake a short examination and practical risk assessment. A certificate will be issued after both assessments have been successfully completed.
Safety Simplified is a new approach in health and safety training that is relevant to anyone, in any organisation, in any sector.