▪ I wish to embark on an HSE career but I have no experience. Is Nebosh certification sufficient?
The NEBOSH certification is a good entry point for an HSE reconversion. If you have absolutely no experience in this field, we recommend you to follow the Nebosh HSW training (Health & Safety at Work) that will give you the essential knowledge on health and safety at work. You will then be able to improve your knowledge by following the Nebosh IGC training (International General Certificate) which addresses the subject with more detail. Finally, the Nebosh IOGC training (International Oil & Gas Certificate) is an HSE specialization in the Oil & Gas sector.
▪ Is a Nebosh certification the assurance of finding work? Can I work anywhere?
We can not assure you that a Nebosh certification will allow you to find a job immediately. However, a Nebosh certification in your resume will allow you to make the difference in the international job market. This certification is internationally recognized as a guarantee of excellence in Health and Safety at work and will enable you to justify good knowledge in this field. The HSW and IGC courses are suitable for all sectors and industries.
▪ I already have a degree in HSE. What else will Nebosh certification bring me?
Some national diplomas are recognized only in their country of issue. Nebosh certification, on the other hand, is based on international standards and will bring you health and safety at work recognition all over the world.
Choice of training and training venues
▪ What is the difference between HSW, IGC and IOGC trainings?
- The Health and Safety at Work training (HSW) will provide you with the basics of health and safety at work.
- International General Certificate training (IGC) will provide you with in-depth knowledge on occupational health and safety.
- The International Oil & Gas Certificate training (IOGC) will allow you to master HSE specificities in the oil and gas industry.
To visually understand these 3 trainings, we suggest you to consult our Nebosh flowchart by following this link.
▪ What are the prerequisites for the Nebosh HSW training?
None. Nebosh HSW training is suitable for all employees who want to get the basics of health and safety at work.
▪ What are the prerequisites for the Nebosh IGC training?
It is highly recommended that candidates who wish to follow this training have a minimum of experience and / or knowledge in HSE.
▪ Can I attend the IOGC training without any special experience in the Oil & Gas sector?
No. It is strongly recommended to have initial knowledge in the Oil & Gas sector. It is also advisable to have a good professional experience in HSE or to follow the Nebosh IGC training beforehand.
▪ Do you hold NEBOSH trainings in-company?
Yes. In general, our NEBOSH trainings are held at our offices in inter-company. However, we can hold a NEBOSH training in the premises of your company for your employees.
▪ Do you organize Nebosh training courses in foreign countries?
Yes. We can organize Nebosh trainings abroad. Under these conditions, the only imperative for the training to take place is a minimum number of 10 candidates. Note that we are the only accredited Nebosh center in France for the IGC and HSW trainings!
Funding your training
▪ Are Nebosh training programs eligible for the CPF (Personal Training Account) or funded by an OPCA?
The Nebosh trainings are not eligible for the CPF because they are not of French origin. However, they can be taken over by the OPCA of the business sector of your company. Check with your HR department or your training manager. We can help you with this.
▪ Can Nebosh trainings be funded by Pôle Emploi?
Yes. Nebosh training courses can be funded by Pôle Emploi. We will provide you with all the documents requested by Pôle Emploi and we will accompany you steps by steps. Ask your Pôle Emploi advisor beforehand and ask for the ceiling for the amount to be taken over.
▪ What is included in the price of the training?
Our prices include:
- The costs of your registration and examination with Nebosh
- Course and revision materials
- A USB key and what to take notes
- The costs of translating exam papers (only IGC and HSW)
Our prices do not include:
- Accommodation and transport
- Catering costs
▪ Can I pay in installments and how?
We accept payment by check (only for France) bank transfer and by PayPal (by PayPal if you buy your training on our online shop). By making your payment via our website, payment is made in one go. If you choose to make your payment by bank transfer or by check, you have the option of paying a deposit when booking your course and paying the full amount before the start of the course.
▪ Why do IGC training price vary in French and English?
The IGC training in French creates translation costs for your exam copies (translated in English before they are sent to Nebosh for correction).
▪ Can I start working and getting ready before training?
Yes. Before the start of training and after your registration, we will send you by mail the training course materials (official book and revision supports) so that you can get familiarized with the structure of the training and the topics. In addition, we are currently working on a preparation / revision support in e-learning format (soon available) which will allow you to get better prepared for the course and the exam.
Conduct of training and examination
▪ In which languages can I take a course and pass the exam?
Our center is accredited to deliver Nebosh training in the following languages:
- HSW: French AND English
- IGC: French AND English
- IOGC: only in English
- PSM: only in Englishv
- INV: only in English
- Safety Simplified: only in English
Note that our HSW and IGC trainings are in French on almost all of the proposed dates.
▪ Are Nebosh trainings available in e-learning or distance learning?
Yes. Our Nebosh accreditation currently allow us to offer Nebosh training courses and exams in distance learning. E-learning is currently not available.
▪ IGC Training - What is the IG2 practical application?
The IG2 unit of the IGC training is an on-site inspection. This is a two-hour practical assessment performed in real-life at the workplace no later than two weeks after your final examination of Nebosh IGC.
▪ IGC Training - I am not currently employed (unemployed) or I will not be at my place of work after the training. How do I make the IG2 practical application?
No problem. You do not need to be in your company. You can select a small company of your choice (craftsman, shop, ...) to carry out your inspection.
▪ Can I retake a test if I fail?
Yes. If you fail a test or you do not validate all the units required to obtain your certificate, you will be able to retake it within 5 years of your first exam date. You will not be required to follow the training, but you will be obliged to pay again the registration and examination fees.
▪ I can no longer attend the training I have booked and paid for. How to do ?
There are two solutions:
1. You send us back all the material we have sent you (book and supports). We will then refund you your payment less the registration and examination fees if the registration deadline is exceeded.
2. You keep your purchase and we offer you another date of training and examination.
▪ The training and exam can be followed in French (only for IGC & HSW). Is that penalizes the certification?
No. Our center is accredited by Nebosh to provide Nebosh IGC and HSW trainings in French. Even if you follow the training in French, Nebosh will give you your certificate in English and you will have the same international recognition as if you had taken the English course (no distinction).
▪ How long is a Nebosh certification valid?
Your Nebosh certification is valid for life. However, do not hesitate to regularly upgrade your knowledge according to the latest regulations.
More questions ?
Aegide International is now an ISO 9001:2015 certified company. Quality of services & products and customer satisfaction!