SENIOR SAFETY DESIGN ENGINEER (H/F)
Paris (FRANCE) | AEGIDE INTERNATIONAL
Experienced (5 - 10 years of experience)
Oil & Gas experience (LNG project experience a plus)
Software proficiency: PHAST
Publié le 18/11/2019
AEGIDE INTERNATIONAL is looking for the a HSE Design Engineer / Technical Safety Engineer for one of his client, an Engineering Company, in order to work on multiple LNG projects worldwide.
Mission & Duties
- Lead & manage numerous activities pertaining to HSE engineering during the Design phase of medium to small scale LPG and LNG projects.
- Provide feedback to the HSE Lead Design Engineer, concerning any problem arising from the application of standard work methodologies
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the technical improvements related to the discipline
- Advise on all HSE engineering issues and share HSE expertise on all design projects
- Report to the Project Engineering Manager for the peculiarities of the project and to the Design HSE Head of Department for the management of resources
- In some case, for large scale projects, you will be assigned externally to a Design HSE Team that is coordinated by the Client’s HSE Design Manager
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Prepare customised Project Design HSE Plans in coordination with the HSE Lead Engineer;
- Organise and facilitate external studies such as HAZOP, HAZID, FIRA, SIL and QRA, Hazardous Area Classification, Safety Philosophies, Fire Fighting, Safety Datasheets, etc.
- Participate actively in the organization, development and follow-up of HSE Studies (such as HAZOP, SIL Classification, QRA, RAM, etc.) and any other HSE related activities at Design stage, as identified in the Project Design HSE Plan (such as HSE Design Reviews, PSSR’s, etc.)
- Report to the HSE Lead Engineer about the project execution and ensure its application throughout the entire project life
- Contribute to design activities on the Safety discipline regardless of the location and distribution of engineering tasks in order to guarantee the consistency of the documents with contractual obligations, scheduling requirements, legal requirements and quality of the deliverables under the guidance of the Project Engineering Manager
- Flexible and analytical
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Good Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, short timelines and within client constraints
- English MANDATORY + (Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus)
Good team spirit, autonomy and capability to liaise with all disciplines is required.
International travels can be expected, though not necessarily on a regular basis.